The Telecoms Infra Project (TIP) has for a few years run its TIP Summit – which served as a catch up on the achievements and priorities of its members and Project Groups.
This year TIP has come back with a different concept, merging three strands into one event. Taking a prompt from culinary fusion, and including a gastronomic flavour, the event is called FYUZ. It takes place in Madrid from 25-27 October.
The event ties together three summits, on Open RAN, TIP itself, and Metaverse Connectivity.
The Open RAN Summit has been prepared in partnership with the O-RAN ALLIANCE. It will include:
- Established operators worldwide showcasing how they are overcoming Open RAN challenges and moving forward with deployments
- Open RAN cloudification options and realities
- Achievements and challenges on the open RAN supply side, along with insights into value chain evolution
- Rich variety of Open RAN deployment paths tailored to meet diverse operator’s needs
- How the testing and integration work is critical to making Open RAN a success
- What’s behind the hype of the RAN Intelligent Controllers and how an empowered ecosystem delivers customized operator value
The TIP Summit includes a stellar looking panel of mobile operators updating on TIP-aligned projects within their busineses, and their work contrinbuting to TIP. There are also updates on automation and orchestration, open Optical, fixed line and core network activities and ambitions of TIP’s Project Groups, with a wide range of operator and industry speakers.
The Metaverse stream will address the challenges in defining metaverse network readiness and what’s needed to get there. A key breakout session will look at the state of Metaverse connectivity readiness, looking at key metrics like download speed and round-trip-time latency, while also introducing the need to monitor metrics such as jitter, upload speed and person-to-person latency.
* TMN is a Media Partner of FYUZ