What can greenfield and brownfield operators learn from each other about network transformation, cloud operations and enabling new business models?
It is often assumed that greenfield and brownfield operators have little to learn from each other. But is that the case? And what happens when you bring a brownfield and greenfield operator together to discuss common aims, and what they can learn from each other?
The portrayal of brownfield operators is that technology adoption is limited by their legacy and that they don’t have much to learn from greenfield, who get a blank piece of paper to draw on. But as brownfield operators undergo network transformation projects, can the experience of the greenfield entrant teach them something?
Greenfield operators, on the other hand, don’t have to invent everything from scratch, there’s plenty of hard-won lessons they can learn from existing operators about operational processes, systems integration, customer engagement.
This panel hears what greenfield and brownfield operators can learn from each other in operational transformation, across RAN, core, cloud and in BSS-OSS and customer engagement.
Pardeep Kohli – President, Chief Executive Officer, Mavenir.
- Leads the transformation of network economics for 4G/5G with the evolution to 100% software networks for CSPs
- Serial entrepreneur bringing innovation and industry-leading solutions to the Wireless and Telecom market
- Expertise in accelerating software-based transformation, evolution to 100% cloud-native networks
- Pioneered advanced Open RAN technology
Jorge Ribeiro, Director of Service Platform Strategy & Engineering, Virgin Media O2.
- Is leading Network transformation across one of the UK’s largest telecommunications operators,
- Accountable for Network Core and IT infrastructure
- Expertise in Networks, IT infrastructure and Operational leadership.
- Previously worked as an access and core delivery engineer, and in network planning and operations across Movistar.
Manish Singh, Telco Business Development Leader, Europe, AWS
- Drives network transformation initiatives for European telcos
- Accelerates telco adoption of AWS cloud services
- History of driving telco transformation programmes across core, Open RAN and telco cloud programmes
- Previously worked for companies such as Tech Mahindra and Dell
Sam Tabbara, Chief Executive Officer, Paradise Mobile.
- Co-founder of Bermuda’s newest telecom entrant Paradise Mobile
- Has built numerous successful businesses in the telecom, connectivity, and digital space over past 25 years.
- Led, advised, and launched wireless projects across North and South America and the Caribbean.